How to Change the Default Browser in Windows
- 1 How to set or make each browser the default web browser
- 2 In this article, I’ll show you how to do this in a few easy steps:
- 3 How to make Chrome default browser
- 4 How to make Mozilla Firefox as the default browser
- 5 How to make Internet Explorer as a default browser
- 6 How to Change Default Browser on Mac
- 7 How to Change the Default Browser in Windows 10
How to set or make each browser the default web browser
Whenever you want to open a saved .html file or link on your computer, it opens with your default browser. In Windows, Internet Explorer is installed by default. If you do not want Internet Explorer to be your default browser, you can always select and set another browser (such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.).
In this article, I’ll show you how to do this in a few easy steps:
How to make Chrome default browser
Start your Google Chrome browser on Windows first. Then click the main menu button on the Chrome menu (three horizontal lines icon). When the Menu appears, you must select Settings.
In the Chrome Settings interface, scroll down to find the default browser, click Make Google the default browser.
Now, you will get the following message: The default browser is currently Google Chrome.
How to make Mozilla Firefox as the default browser
First, open your Mozilla Firefox browser. Then, Click Tools >> Options >> Advanced. Here, you will see the box to select Firefox to make the default browser of Windows.
You need to click Check Now button, a popup will appears and ask you: Would you like to make it your default browser? Choose Yes.
How to make Internet Explorer as a default browser
First, open your IE browser, choose Tools >> Internet Options >> Programs >> Make Default.
How to Change Default Browser on Mac
How to Stitch Default Browsers on a Mac
1. Open System Preferences
2. Click on General
3. Select your browser under Default web browser
4. Select the browser you want as the default.
That is all. Your default browser has now been changed.
How to Change the Default Browser in Windows 10
I hope this article was helpful to you if you find it useful, please share it. Thank you