If you forgot your Windows 10 login password, you won’t be able to use your computer or laptop. In this article, I will show you some simple ways to reset a forgotten Windows 10 password for an administrator and a Microsoft account, without losing files or reinstalling.
The first way is to use the password reset disk
Using a password reset (recovery) disk is Microsoft’s recommended way to reset a forgotten Windows password. To use this recovery method, you must have created a reset disk or USB first.
If you have this password reset disk (USB drive), you can easily reset your Windows 10 login password.
How to Reset Windows 10 Password [Video Tutorial]
Тhe second way: Login with another option (Login with a photo or other account)
If you can still log in to Windows 10 with a picture password or another administrator account, there is a possibility that you can open a higher Command Prompt and reset the Windows 10 password easily.
You can open the administrative Command Prompt using only the Start menu. Press Start, type “cmd,” and you will see “Command Prompt” listed as the main result. Click with the right mouse button on the mouse on the result and choose “Run as administrator.”
To reset the password that you forgot, type the following command and press Enter.
net user Admin 654321
Reset Microsoft Account Password Online
- Sign in to the Microsoft Password Recovery Tool in your favorite web browser
- To reset the password for your Microsoft account, you must open the following link: Recover your account
You can use your computer, telephones, or other devices that are connected to the Internet and go to the Microsoft password recovery tool.
- Select that you forgot your password and click Next.
- Then enter your email address. Click Next.
- Choose the way you want to receive the security code: an alternate e-mail address or telephone number associated with your Microsoft account, and click Send code.
- An e-mail message that contains a security code will immediately be sent to your alternate e-mail address. If you choose to receive a security code by phone, you should receive a text message.
- Enter the security code that you just received and then click Next.
- You can now enter and confirm the new password you want to use
I hope this article was helpful to you if you find it useful, please share it. Thank you